10 most over-used phrases in events (and yes we’ve said some)
1. I’ve got three hats on today.
Really? Cos it looks like you’ve just got a big head! This is a phrase you can commonly translate as: 'Two of those hats will try and sell you something'. The smaller 'buying hat' is barely a fez.
2. I’m so tired. I only got two hours sleep. I worked 18 hours last night.
You read the job spec right?
3. The most unique venue in London
Cue the generic write up. “Making it the perfect place for conferences and exhibitions” etc etc.
4. I went to a showcase last night and (after the Canapés, Entertainment, Wine, Prosecco) I had to pay for a bloody drink. I’m not taking any business there…
Well, fair point… I mean, what have the Romans ever done for us?
5. Contra deal
Often these are really worthwhile. Certainly when running your own business. I’m not sure people realise how much this word is detested amongst sales people though. You’ve always got to the very top with these requests. No-one likes working for free.
6. With combined experience of over 700 years
You can’t count ancestors of ancestors and the ‘Year Six ball’ surely doesn’t count…
7. It’s so nice to get out of London
8. I’m far too busy
Saying you’re busy is not a problem. Always saying you’re busy, implying you’re so much busier than everyone else….
What even is a Crudité?
10. Making lists that start with the phrase: 10 things…
Think we should come up with a new concept for the next blog. We’re starting to annoy ourselves.