Finding the perfect summer party venue
The best way to conquer the winter blues is to start planning your perfect summer party! Whether you are organising a company party or a special occasion we hope our top tips for hosting a summer party or event will help!
The most successful summer party venues combine outside space to allow all guests to enjoy drinks outside, with enough indoor capacity for the whole party to move inside for dinner or to party on until the end of the evening reception as the temperature drops. Surprisingly, there are many venues in central London that have wonderful gardens available for exclusive event hire and many of them erect marquees for the summer months, offering the perfect setting for staff parties and client receptions.
When it comes to garden venues, we can never be sure that the great British weather will play ball, so make sure that you have a contingency plan for wet weather, to ensure that the event is a success, come rain or shine!
Some venues offer specific themes each summer, so there is plenty of choice depending on what you prefer. If you would rather have a "dry hire" venue you have the option to theme yourselves which can be great fun. Once you have found the perfect venue, you can then add your own finishing touches to make it your own very memorable summer party.
Before you embark on your venue search, here are some tips on what to look for and think of:
- When choosing the party venue, consider number of guests, budget and what type of food and drinks you would like to serve
- Take into account the size of venue you will need to accommodate your guests both inside and out. Everyone will want to be outside if the weather is good
- If opting for your own theme it is best to keep it simple to avoid deterring your guests. Think Wimbledon, Henley Regatta, Pop Festival or even a beach party, but just be sure it is appropriate if it is a staff party you are organising!
- Think of what type of food will work best for your party - BBQs are always popular or else you could plump for drinks and susbtantial canapes/buffet.
- Drinks - everyone loves summer drinks from Pimms and cocktails to ice-cold beer. Remember to have non-alcoholic options too. Most venues offer drinks packages to make things simple
- Music - if no music is provided by the venue you could have a DJ if their licence allows it or even some live music whether it be a tribute band, jazz band or even singing waiters! Be sure that there is a good sound system available.
- Invitations - make sure you send these out in good time so that no-one has an excuse not to come!
- Stressed? If it all gets too much for you, don't be afraid to ask the venue for help. Their events teams are highly experienced in running events and are always happy to help.
If after all this you still cannot find the right venue, don’t despair. Function Fixers provide a free and comprehensive venue finding service and will be happy to help!
Guest blog by:
Carrie Larwood - Function Fixers